How to Add Custom Theme in Blogger Blog or Website?
A guide for customization of blogger blog or Website. From choosing the best theme for our blog and applying it to the website.
What is a Custom theme?
Blogger itself provides many stylish and categorized themes in its themes section but when it comes to attracting more viewers to the blog we need our site to look attractive and beautiful. Many bloggers leave their blog just like a setup by a blogger, some choose the theme options from the themes section of the blogger and some take their theme from the blogger's default theme section and customize them as they want, but the professionals choose a different way they make their own template or theme or they download or buy a custom theme from a website like gooyaabitemplates.com, btemplates.com, templatesyard.com or themeforest.net. In this video, we will be trying to apply a theme from the templatesyard theme store.
How to Choose a good Template for Our Blog/Website?
- Make sure the template must be attractive and well customized.
- Try to download an SEO-friendly template to improve site performance.
- The template should be customizable after being applied to the website.
- Try to buy the templates than downloading them because downloaded templates leave a copyright mark on our website which cannot be removed.
- After applying customize the templates social and redirect links in the layout section.
How to Remove copyright from the template you downloaded?
This copyright sign cannot be removed unless you officially buy the template from the websites you downloaded. If you try to remove the copyright from changing the code of the templates this will make your site always redirect to the site from where the template is downloaded and you cannot stop the redirection unless you again add the copyright code to the templates HTML which you removed to remove the copyright code.
How to Download the templates?
- Go to templatesyard.com
- Scroll down and choose the templates you need.
- Click on the template and a new page will open where you can see the demo of the template.
- Now Scroll Down and you will see the Download and buy option click on what you prefer and the downloading will start shortly in form of a zip file.
- Open your file explorer and extract the zip file with software like Winrar or 7-zip.
- There will be an XML file in the zip which will be visible after extracting the zip file. This file is the code of the templates which we are going to apply to our site.
How to apply the template to our website in Blogger?
- Go to the themes section of the blogger website and click on the down arrow right of the customize button and click on restore.
- Now select the XML file you extracted from the downloaded zip and click open.
- It will take some time to get restore the theme and get applied to your website.
- Now go to Your website URL and the template might be applied to your website.
- If you have downloaded the same TECH TIMES template it will look like follows.
- Now your site might be looking attractive and beautiful.